Alec Baldwin (64) has to answer again in the Halyna Hutchins (42) case. The actor accidentally shot the camerawoman on the set of the western film “Rust” in October 2021. He is said to have used a prop weapon, which resulted in a fatal shot. So far, the film star has not been prosecuted – but the public prosecutor’s office had accused him of negligent homicide in mid-January. Now Halyna’s family followed.
Attorney Gloria Allred, who is representing Halyna’s parents and sister, announced at a news conference Thursday that the family has filed another lawsuit against Alec. As reported by Fox News, among others, he is now once again accused of negligent homicide. Further details are not known at this time.
Halyna’s widower Matthew filed a civil suit against Alec and the staff responsible for on-set security over a year ago. In October 2022, however, both parties agreed on a settlement. It was said at the time that Halyna’s death was believed to have been a terrible accident. “We have reached a settlement, subject to court approval, in our wrongful death lawsuit against the producers of Rust, including Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC. As part of this settlement, our lawsuit is dismissed,” Matthew said in a statement.