While some are famous from birth, some achieve fame, and fame is imposed on others. Alabama Barker is one of those who did not have to fight to become a celebrity. All she has to do is stay relevant and maintain the attention she has received from the moment she was welcomed to Earth.
Even before she was born, people began to expect that Bama would dominate the world of entertainment and flourish in show business. Did she live up to expectations? Here are the facts of her life.
Alabama Barker Biography
Born on December 24, 2005, and christened Alabama Luella Barker, the celebrity child was only a few months old when she earned the status of a reality star. Since she was born while the second series of the MTV show (Meet the Barkers), which followed her family’s everyday life, was in production, it was only natural that Alabama became a topic of special interest to the show’s fans. She eventually appeared in the final episode of the reality series.
Alabama lived beyond the popularity of her parents and made herself a social media sensation even before she became a teenager. She is working towards building a career in the professions her parents are known for – singing, acting, and even modeling.
To stay relevant as she prepares for the entertainment industry, Alabama set up a YouTube channel where she posts question-and-answer videos, make-up videos, and videos of her cover of popular songs by superstar musicians. Sometime in late 2017, she showed the official music video of her first single, Our House, on the channel.
Alabama Barker’s Family Life
You will certainly learn a lot about the family life of Travis Barker’s daughter from the aforementioned reality TV series by MTV, which was broadcast for two seasons from April 2005 to February 2006. Directed by Alan Finn and Cameron Glendenning, the series followed with devotion to the daily family life of Travis Barker, the drummer of the rock band Blink-183, and his then-wife Shanna Moakler, who worked as a model and actress.
Since the series was mainly about the marriage between Travis and Shanna, people learned more about the Barker family than they would have known about them. Besides Travis and Shanna, Meet the Barkers also focused on people like Atiana Cecelia de la Hoya, Landon Asher Barker, and of course Alabama Barker.
Through the reality series, you would find out that Landon is the first child (son) that the union of Travis and Shanna produced. In light of this, you wouldn’t need a fortune teller to tell you that the guy born on October 9, 2003, is Alabama’s older sibling. Furthermore, one would deduce from the reality series that Landon is not Alabama’s only sibling; that Atiana is her older half-sister and the daughter from the romantic affair between Moakler and ex-pro boxer Oscar De La Hoya.
While you’ll learn all these things from the reality series and possibly more, there are certain things you’ll never learn about Alabama Barker family life from Meet the Barkers. One of those things is the dramatic development of their parents’ relationship before they finally divorced sometime in February 2008. This means that Alabama was barely two years old when her parents decided that they could no longer exist as man and wife.
Also, you may never know that Alabama’s mother was not her father’s first wife because she watched the show. Travis only married Shanna Moakler after his marriage to Melissa Kennedy failed within 8 months after it had started. Although the divorce process of Travis and Shanna’s marriage resulted in the partners fighting so dirty that they were once arrested, it is widely believed that the ex-lovers have come to terms with the situation between them. They gave up their custody disputes, decided to treat each other with respect and to raise their children together.
Other Facts To Know About Bama
1. She was once criticized by RiceGum in one of his YouTube videos for acting like an adult because RiceGum’s comments triggered a lot of negative comments directed against Bama, her parents came to get RiceGum to defend their sweetheart.
2. Bama is still a girl, stop looking for her body measurements;
3. On May 7, 2016, she created her Alabama Barker YouTube channel, Alabama Barker. The channel has nearly 73,000 subscribers and has received approximately 5 million views at the time of writing this report.
4. The name Alabama comes from the character of Alabama Within in the movie True Romance. The character was portrayed by Patricia Arquette in the romantic crime comedy “True Romance” in 1993.
5. When this report was compiled, she had nearly 300,000 followers on Instagram.
6. Her mother won the Miss New York USA contest in 1995.
7. Bama’s father was involved in a plane crash in September 2008. She was under three years old at the time, but Travis believes she predicted the accident because she was unusually excited that he would leave the house.