Contrary to initial reports, Christian Atsu (31) has not yet been found! The former Chelsea and Newcastle player only switched to the Turkish first-division club Hatayspor in September last year. The club is based in the region where a devastating earthquake struck Sunday night. A short time after the quake, Christian’s rescue was reported – a false alarm, because: The soccer professional is still missing!
Reportedly, Christian was taken to a hospital after the earthquake. It was said that he was fine. But Gurbey Kahveci, the team doctor at Christian’s club Hatayspor, told Hürriyet: “When we heard the news about Taner Savut and Christian Atsu being taken to Dortyol Hospital, we went to the hospital but they weren’t there. ” It is still not known where the two are staying.
This message probably caused great despair and sadness, especially among the relatives of the 31-year-old. “As you can imagine, this continues to be a trying time for his family and we are doing everything we can to find Christian,” the agent told The Sun.