Marie Avgeropoulos is an actress and model best known for her role in the post-apocalyptic television show The 100, in which she plays Octavia Blake – a headstrong and wayward teenager. Her role in the show was her most remarkable performance, which earned her international recognition and a host of loyal fans. The Greek-Canadian actress is the embodiment of beauty, charm, and youthful energy.
Who Is Marie Avgeropoulos?
Marie Avgeropoulos was born on June 17, 1986, in Thunder Bay, Ontario. She grew up enjoying camping, hunting, and fishing. Simply put, Marie enjoyed spending her free time outdoors.
At the age of sixteen, the young actress also began to play the drums. However, she did not want to explore a career in the music business, but rather to become a journalist. She studied journalism in Canada for two years before she decided to go to Europe. After a few months, she returned to her home country and settled in Vancouver.
During her stay in Vancouver, she was invited to a casting where drummers were also needed. A talent agent noticed her and cast her in several national commercials. This attracted the attention of American filmmaker Chris Columbus, who cast her in his film I Love You, Beth Cooper, her feature film debut. This in turn led to her taking on more roles in films and television shows, consolidating her status as an actress worth watching.
ALSO READ: Who Is Skal Labissiere? 6 Facts About the NBA Power Forward
Personal Life: Her Boyfriend or Husband
Unlike most Hollywood celebrities, Marie Avgeropolous prefers to keep a low profile, especially when it comes to her relationships and love life. Nevertheless, it can be confirmed that the Canadian actress is not yet married and has no husband.
Although there are not many details about Marie’s relationships, it is known that the actress used to date Shawn Roberts, an actor she met on the set of I Love You, Beth Cooper. The two were together from 2008 to 2009 before ending their relationship. Her next significant relationship was with Taylor Lautner, whom she met on the set of Tracers. The two met from 2013 on and were often together on the road before their relationship, unfortunately, ended in 2015.
In 2018 the rumor circulated that Marie Avgeropoulos had a relationship with a nameless man who was nine years older than her. News of her dating history came to light when the actress was arrested for domestic violence. The couple had been in a car when a fight broke out; as a result, Marie hit her boyfriend several times in the arm, neck, and head, resulting in several minor injuries. A follow-up investigation of the incident revealed that the nameless friend did not want to press charges and even posted the actress’s bail.
Since the incident, there is no further information about the couple and their relationship. It cannot be said with certainty whether the two have separated or are still a couple.
ALSO READ: Is Travis Greene Married, Who Is The Wife and Where is She From?
Other Facts About Marie Avgeropoulos
1. The Canadian actress underwent about two months of parkour training to prepare for her role in the film Tracers She visited parkour gyms and also spent time working on her jumping squats, boxing exercises, and lower body strength.
2. Marie is a well-known dog lover and has a pet, Chewy, which she often and lovingly displays in her social media. She has even created an Instagram page dedicated to the dog.
3. The actress’s first television appearance was on the CW show Supernatural in 2009. The show, which has a dedicated fan base, has been aired for over a decade and has featured many actresses and actors at the beginning of their careers.
4. Marie Avgeropoulos has a great figure that she maintains with frequent visits to the gym. Her height is indicated as 165 cm (5 ft 5 in), while her weight is indicated as 55 kg (121 lbs). Her dress size is indicated as 4 (US) or 34 (EU), while her bra size is 34A and her shoe size is 9 (US) or 39.5 (EU).
5. The actress currently plays Olivia Blake in The 100. in the series, she is known for doing her own stunts, and she is not afraid to get dirty during shooting to achieve the effect required for each scene in which she appears.