Rhett and Link are a comedy duo and a pair of YouTubers known for their viral videos, morning talk shows, ten-episode series, and comedy songs. They often refer to themselves as ” intertainers “, a combination of the words “Internet” and “entertainers”.
Their Youtube portfolio is very extensive, which shows that the duo is trying to reach all demographic possibilities and conquer every corner of the Youtube market, so to speak.
In 2008, they released a documentary entitled Looking For Miss Locklear, in which they tried to find the teacher in whose class where they first met. Find more details about Rhett and Link Wives, Kids, Family, Age, Net Worth, Quick Facts.
Rhett and Link: Bio & Age
Before Rhett and Link became big names on the Internet, they were two young boys from North Carolina. Rhett James McLaughlin was born on October 11, 1977, and Charles Lincoln ‘Link’ Neal was born on June 1, 1978.
They met on September 4, 1984, when they started the first year together at Buies Creek Elementary School in North Carolina. Not only did they make a film about this meeting, but they also wrote a song about it. They met when they had to stay indoors during recess because they both had to swear words written on their desks. When they stayed there, they colored mythical creatures and this act inspired their name on Youtube Channel – Good Mythical Morning.
After their meeting on September 4, 1984, the two men have remained close friends ever since. When Rhett and Link were fourteen years old, they were already one step ahead of their creative careers by writing a script together. The script was called Gutless Wonder and they even started shooting the film for it. However, they only went so far as to film a few scenes and Gutless Wonder remains incomplete to this day. Nevertheless, excerpts from the script were read several times in their program Good Mythical Morning. The duo then attended North Carolina State University for their graduate studies.
Rhett and Link: Wives, Kids, Family
Rhett and Link currently live in Los Angeles with their families. They are both married and have children. The link was the first of the couple to marry; he married Christy White in 2000 and now they are the parents of three children – Lilian, Lincoln, and Lando. Rhett, on the other hand, married Jessie Lane in 2001 and the couple now has two children – Shepherd and Locke.
Proof that both men are happy in marriage is the fact that there are no negative stories about their personal lives and marriages in the tabloids. They go unnoticed and if they have marital problems, like most couples, they choose to solve their problems in private and away from social media. Congratulations to them.
Rhett and Link together are worth $16 million. They are each estimated at $8 million each, which is quite impressive for non-traditional artists. Although both are a little old for Youtube’s demographics, they have worked hard and constantly to make their mark, and their efforts have paid off.
They make a good part of their profits by making fun and viral ads for many companies, including Red House Furniture and Ojai Valley Taxidermy. They have also received sponsorship from several major brands for many of their videos.
Companies are constantly looking for unconventional ways to advertise and reach multiple demographic groups, and that’s where Rhett and Link come in – the content they create is very funny and attracts a huge audience that attracts large companies to advertise with them. To say that they are doing very well is to take things lightly.
1. Their passion for content creation is not a new interest in the new entertainment trend. While in high school, they made a half-hour film parodying the tragedy of Oedipus Rex. In their version, Rhett played the main character – Oedipus, while Link played the servant of the main character’s father.
2. During their university studies, Rhett and Link were roommates, consolidating their status as inseparable couples.
3. You would be surprised to learn that before launching Youtube and publishing their content, they had other career plans. Rhett studied civil engineering at university and worked at Black & Veatch – an engineering power plant – after graduation. Link studied industrial engineering and worked at IBM after school.
4. Together, they run Mythical Entertainment – their production company currently based in Burbank. Currently, all their work is published under ‘Mythical Entertainment.
5. In high school, both were members of a punk band – The Wax Paper Dogz. They had the opportunity to give several concerts, including a festival on the occasion of Independence Day.
|Date of Birth:||11 October 1977|
|Age:||43 years old|
|Birth Nation:||United States of America|
|Height:||6 Feet 7 Inch|
|Name||Rhett James McLaughlin|
|Birth Name||Rhett James McLaughlin|
|Nick Name||Rhett McLaughlin|
|Birth Place/City||Buies, North Carolina, the USA|
|Working For||Rhett and Link|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
|Salary||$29450 per video|
|Eye Color||Greenish Blue|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Weight in KG||80 kg|
|Married to||Jessie Lane|
|Children||Shepherd McLaughlin and Locke Mclaughlin|