Popularly known as ZaBeast, Zabit Magomedsharipov is a Russian mixed martial artist who participates in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). He has been fighting in the rings since 2012 and has set a great fighting record for himself, including winning a number of championships. Here you will find everything you need to know about ZaBeast, both inside and outside the ring.
Biography of Zabit Magomedsharipov
The martial artist was born on March 1, 1991, in Dagestan, Russia, as Zabit Akhmedovich Magomedsharipov. He also grew up here in Dagestan (one of the deadliest places in the world).
Like most of the others who have become successful in their sport, Zabit Magomedscharipow started fighting as a small child at the age of 10, starting with freestyle wrestling. Later he was trained by Gusein Magomaev, a former Soviet karate legend, who was able to train many other world-class fighters from Russia as well.
During his career as a fighter, Zabit has achieved many successes and won a number of championships. As a World Cup winner, he has won 4 Russian championships and is also a European champion. Furthermore, he became the European Newcomer of the Year in 2017.
By the time he was through with his fifteenth fight, Zabit Magomedsharipov had won 14 fights losing only one to Igor Egorov as far back as 2013. While his loss was in a submission, he has taken people down five times through total knockout, one through a knockout, and three through decision, the rest was won by the fighter through submission.
The ACB featherweight champion was named in the Performance of the Night in his fights against Mike Santiago and Sheymon Moraes. He was also named in the Fight of the Night for his fight with Kyle Bochniak.
There are some athletes where you can learn all about them, their families, and other commitments. In contrast, Zabit Magomedzharipov is not one of these athletes. Neither is known about his upbringing nor is anything known about his family.
In addition, there is no publicly accessible record of whether the Russian martial artist was ever married or whether he is currently in a relationship.
Zabit Magomedsharipov Height, Weight, and Body Measurements
If you look at Zabit Magomedzharipov, he may not be the best-built man, but he has it in terms of height.
He stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inch (185 cm) and he has a bodyweight of 145 lb (65 kg). There is no information about his general body measurements, but he has a reach of 73 inches and a leg length of 42 inches. Even more, as far as his general body measurements are concerned, he obviously has a good physique and is rightly measured to be successful in the UFC. Magomedzharipov was able to use his body to complement his abilities.
- Growing up in the city of Khasavyurt, Zabit Magomedzharipov began to play kickboxing and football even before he decided to settle down as a martial artist.
- When he was 12 years old in 2003, the martial artist began training on the five sides of the world, in Dagestan.
- Among the things that have helped him as a fighter are his enormous range, movements that are described as simply outstanding, and his good shots.
- Throughout his career, ZaBeast has trained with a number of people, including Ricardo Almeida, Nick Catone, and Mark Henry. He has also trained alongside fighters like Edson Barboza and Marlon Moraes. Others include Frankie Edgar and Eddie Alvarez.
- He can look back on an impressive career in which he has achieved three victories by decision. Before he won a decision on April 7th, 2018, he last won this way in 2013, which is a very long time.
- As for the religion of the UFC star, he is a devout Muslim.
- Even though there are not too many fights in the UFC, Zabit has good followership in social media with over eighty thousand followers on Instagram and over thirteen thousand followers on Twitter.
- ZaBeast has no obvious tattoos.
- In case you are wondering what the net worth of the Russian mixed martial artist might be, this is not known at the moment, because he has managed to keep his life very far away from the eyes of the public.