Kevin King was projected to succeed because of his achievements in high school, where he played several positions on the field. He then transferred to the University of Washington before becoming cornerback for the Green Bay Packers after the NFL draft in 2017.
The Oakland boy enjoyed a brilliant college career, receiving honorable mentions on All-Pac 12 in his junior and senior years.
Biography – Who Is Kevin King?
Kevin Charles King was born on May 5, 1995, and lost no time in trying his hand at sports by playing basketball, soccer, and baseball.
Charles played in the defensive end at Bishop O’Dowd High School, where he experienced a growth spurt from 5’7 to 6’2 in his junior year. At the Oakland Nike Football Training Camp, he was named defensive MVP and led his team in the Interceptions. He also received recognition for his efforts in athletics.
A highly esteemed post-high school candidate, Kevin chose the University of Washington in 2013, where he majored in American ethnic studies and retail management. In his first and second years of college, King played in safety for the Washington Huskies. He also played in almost every game except for occasional illnesses and injuries he suffered.
Kevin King switched to cornerback in his junior year and continued to play superbly. However, due to an injury, he sat out of the Bowl game. His campaign efforts earned him an honorable mention on the All Pac 12 team, a position he maintained in his final year of college. At the end of his final year of college, he was also named to the All Pac 12 academic team after scoring 2 interceptions and 44 tackles.
His NFL Career
In the run-up to the NFL Draft 2017, many football analysts and publications spoke of Kevin King’s good prospects. Lance Zierlein of NFL.com spoke in particular about how the unconventionally tall cornerback used his size on the field to his advantage and did not shy away from physical fights. His footwork, tackling form, and speed were also rated as his weaknesses.
King was ranked 33rd by the Green Bay Packers on the second day of practice and after a slight delay due to an NFL rule, Kevin finally joined his new team and was put through his paces by cornerback coach Joe Whitt.
In his rookie season, he was involved in nine games, five of which took place at the beginning of the season. However, a shoulder injury threatened to thwart his season goals. It was bad enough that he was occasionally unable to lift his arms above his head. After a period of trying to overcome the pain, the cornerback was finally rested and put on the injured reserve, effectively ending his season. Shortly after, he went under the knife to fix the problem.
Other facts about Kevin King
1. Kevin King was named to the first team All-NorCal and the first team division three All-State by Maxpreps.com while still in high school.
2. The tall cornerback stands 6ft 3 in (1.91 m) and weighs 200 lb (91 kg).
3. Kevin King showed his leadership skills from his time in Washington. Once, during an autumn training session, the team’s performance was miserable and he squeezed his team to encourage them to improve their game.
4. King’s record off the field is clean. The Packers CB have never had any problems off the field. He has not been associated with any kind of controversy.
5. In his last year of college football, he memorably made a one-handed interception. This was probably the most impressive game of the campaign.
6. Throughout 2016, the cornerback had a whopping 64 goals to score but did not give up a single touchdown. In his last 28 college appearances, King allowed only a single goal to be scored.
7. Not much is known about Kevin’s family relationships. In an interview, however, he revealed that he has a relationship with a lady named Aaliyah.
8. According to various sources, King’s four-year contract with the Packers is worth over $7 million, with a signing bonus of over $3.2 million and a 2017 cap hit of over $1.2 million.
9. Kevin King did something that deserves applause with his first check as an NFL player – he bought his mother a decent house. According to his own social media postings, his mother always wanted to own a nice house.