Evangeline Lilly is still strong in Hollywood since her professional debut in 2002. The actress is best known for her roles in the film series Lost, Real Steel, The Hurt Locker, and The Hobbit. But beyond that, she has also been honored for her many good works.
For her role in Lost, she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award and even received a Screen Actors Guild Award. However, it was her role as The Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that cemented her superstar status. In the MCU she appeared in Ant-Man, Ant-Man & The Wasp and is scheduled for release in the upcoming, highly anticipated fourth Avengers movie.
Evangeline Lilly Biography
Nicole Evangeline Lilly was born on August 3, 1979, in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada. Although she was born in Alberta, she grew up in British Columbia. Evangeline, who is the second of three children, has two sisters. As she grew up, she attended W. J. Mouat Secondary School, where she not only served as Vice President of the Student Council but also played on the school’s soccer team.
The actress grew up in the Christian religion, which was the reason why she decided to go on a three-week mission trip to the Philippines after high school. This in turn led to her decision to study International Relations at the University of British Columbia after she became interested in global development and humanitarian issues.
ALSO READ: Who Is Chelsea Manning, What Did She Do Or Leak?
Evangeline Lilly is currently not married and has no husband. However, she is in a long-term relationship with Norman Kali, with whom she has been dating since 2010. Norman is best known as a production assistant who worked on the television series Lost, in which Evangeline played one of the leading roles. The Hawaiian-born production assistant has also worked on 50 First Dates, North Shore, The Big Bounce, and several other movies and television shows. After they started dating, the actress moved to Hawaii to live with Norman.
However, Evangeline Lilly is not the only one who made concessions for the relationship. As her career grew, Norman also gave up his career to be a home father for her children. The actress and Norman have two children together. Their first son, Kahekili, was born in 2011, the second (also a son) followed much later in 2015.
Before dating Norman, the actress had a relationship with her Lost co-star Dominic Monaghan, who played in the series Charlie Pace. Dominic is an English actor best known for his roles in Lord Of The Rings, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Flashforward. Their relationship began in 2004 and ended in 2009.
Although the actress is currently not married, she was once married to Murray Hone, a Canadian field hockey player, in 2003. Not much is known about Murray except that their marriage lasted only a year before they divorced.
ALSO READ: Evan Peters’ Relationship With Emma Roberts, Wife, Girlfriend and Net Worth
Evangeline Lilly, which has been operating since 2002, has a total net worth of $15 million. This is the result of her accumulated salaries from a long and illustrious career. The Canadian actress has starred in several highly successful films and was one of the main characters in one of the most popular shows of all time, Lost.
Other Interesting Facts About Evangeline Lilly
1. Before she became an actress, Evangeline started as a model. She was discovered by the Ford Modeling Agency during a walk through the streets of British Columbia.
2. The actress has an athletic build, which is due to the fact that she tries hard to stay in shape. Her weight is stated as 55 kg (121 pounds), while her height is stated as 165 cm (5 ft 5 in).
3. To maintain her figure, the actress prefers a raw food diet, which she believes is healthier than cooked food. She also exercises 5-6 times a week, focusing on cardiovascular training, circuit training, toning exercises, and strength training. Evangeline Lilly also loves outdoor activities such as jogging, climbing, surfing, and snowboarding.
4. Her first movie was in 2003 Freddy vs. Jason, in which she played a student, although her appearance in the movie was not appreciated because it was so insignificant. Her first television appearance was in Reviews On The Run, a television show with video game reviews.
5. After high school, the young actress worked as a waitress, flight attendant, and as a “bribe monkey” for large semitrailers to pay her tuition while studying at the University of British Columbia.